Wednesday, July 27, 2011

summer

I have been neglecting the blog quite a bit this summer. I am not surprised, nor apologetic. You see, if the blog is being neglected, it usual means I have been too busy doing other, more worthwhile things! That being said, I would like to post a little more regularly.

I am in Michigan! I will give you a brief rundown on what's been going on since the last post. I have been working five days a week for the Alta Visitor's Bureau to help them get their new site up and running. You can check it out here. I have also been working for the Associated Students of the University of Utah as a Marketing Associate Director. We have been getting posters, social networking, videos, and other marketing stuff ready for the coming school year. Hopefully I will be able to post some of my projects up here shortly because some of them are pretty neat! In between work I have been golfing quite a bit. If you have never been before, do it! That pretty much wraps up the month of July!

Last Thursday my family flew to Detroit, and we drove to my aunt's farm, just outside of Lansing. I love coming out to the countryside and being a little bit isolated for a few days. It feels great to be surrounded by nothing more than trees, grass, and... corn. On Saturday we loaded up the rental minivan and drove up to our cottage on Long Lake, near the Grand Traverse Bay. Since then we have been sailing, boating, swimming, biking, running, and of course, eating. My aunts are superb cooks, and beyond that we tend to eat out a lot up here. I have been working out daily to try to keep off the pounds! Needless to say, life is good. This is the perfect way to spend summer; I look forward to it every year.

Here are a few random shots from the past week. Check out my facebook for a more complete album soon...





No comments: