Saturday, November 5, 2011

XTERRA Trail Race

Back in September I ran at the XTERRA Trail Running National Championships in Snowbasin, UT. The title is a little misleading; I ran the 10k that was a precursor to the half-marathon national championships. It was my first trail race, and 10k for that matter. Running on a trail in the mountains is a beautiful and unique experience; it adds a sense of adventure and exploration to an otherwise painful sport! I had a lot of fun, and ended up placing third overall. So, my dad and I decided we were going to go to Southern California in October and race another XTERRA race. We did just that, and had an amazing trip visiting my grandparents. I won the 12k, and my dad finished just a few spots behind. I think it is safe to say that I will be doing a lot more trail running next summer! Get into it!





1 comment:

Audrey said...

Bahaha nice picture of padre. :)