Thursday, October 4, 2012

Denmark

Hej!

About a week ago I woke up and looked out the window. There weren't any mountains, not even any grass. Instead, the scene I had been accustomed to seeing for the past twenty-one years had been replaced by brick apartment buildings, street lamps suspended by wires, and dozens of blonde heads wobbling on bicycles as they passed below. Even though I had been looking out that same window for nearly a month, it finally hit me - I am living in Denmark! 

With just over 5.5 million people, Denmark is roughly the size of Virgina. Despite its small stature, it is has one of the strongest economies in the world, not to mention a wonderfully unique language and culture. I find myself fitting right in with the Danes and their active lifestyle, obsession with pastries, and cooperative mindset.

I will in Denmark until December 22, excluding a few trips around Europe. I hope to recount some of my travels soon - either on this blog or a new one - but with a track record like mine, there are no guarantees. For now, you can see pictures at Hygge USA.

Farvel!

No comments: