Saturday, October 27, 2012

Vestskoven Kobenhavn

There are a many benefits to living in a city. Entertainment. Interesting people. Diversity. Tasty food. Proximity to school. Museums. I have enjoyed all these things and more while living in Kobenhavn. I have come to love the city, with its many bike paths, tree-lined parks, canals, and lakes. It truly is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. But still. Its a city. What I love most about Salt Lake City is that you don't have to travel more than fifteen minutes to get out of the city. That's why I was so excited when I stumbled upon Vestskoven Kobenhavn, a nature preserve of sorts, a mere 3 miles away from my apartment. The preserve feels like a piece of the Danish countryside wedged into suburban Fredriksberg, a true escape for a trail runner like me. What more, I found a soccer field on the edge of the preserve, surrounded entirely by the woods. When you are standing on the pitch, it is easy to imagine you are dozens of miles away from civilization - what an awesome venue! Today I took my iPhone and snapped a few pictures, hoping to capture at least a little bit of the magic.








1 comment:

Paige Helen said...

Looks so idyllic. Love this post.